We are grateful to all our volunteers who donate their time, energy, talent and support. Brodstone Healthcare has an active Auxiliary, over 200 members strong, whose primary mission is to assist us in providing high-quality, low-cost healthcare. The dedication of our volunteers makes it possible to purchase hospital equipment and to make improvements to our building on an annual basis. Sources of income for the Auxiliary include the Nifty Thrifty—an outlet for recycled clothing and other small items, the Gift Shop, located on the 1st floor of the hospital, and various annual fundraising events. Volunteer opportunities are also available at the hospital. Greeters are stationed at the north entrance to help patients and visitors get to their destinations within our facility. If you are interested in joining the Hospital Auxiliary or donating your time as a greeter, or help with the Nifty Thrifty or Gift Shop, please contact the Public Relations Director at Brodstone. Your volunteerism is greatly appreciated.
2020-2021 Auxiliary Officers
FROM LEFT: SHERRY GEBERS – SECRETARY
AMY WENSKE – VICE PRESIDENT
MARY FULLER, HONORED VOLUNTEER
NORRISA FLORES – PRESIDENT
EMILY KIRCHHOFF – TREASURER
Auxiliary Membership Information
- Membership is $1 per year or $25 Lifetime, current membership is over 200, 3 are men.
- If you would like to join, contact Heather Erickson, 402-207-1534. The 1st year is free!
- There are two meetings per year, spring & fall, members receive notice by mail.
- Two annual events each year
¨ Summer event, Ice Cream Social
¨ Fall event, committee preference, most recently bake sale, soup to go and Gift Shop sale; other past events included silent auction, live auction, entertainment
- Members may volunteer in the Gift Shop, Nifty Thrifty, hospital greeters, sewing committee—these are all elective
- Annually the auxiliary donates $30,000 to $55,000 this includes the Nifty Thrifty donation, which is used for equipment purchases for the hospital.
Spring Brodston Auxiliary Meeting
The annual Brodston Auxiliary spring meeting has been cancelled due to coronavirus. The current officers have agreed to serve one more term.
2020 – 2021 Officers:
President, Norrisa Flores
Vice President, Amy Wenske
Secretary, Sherry Gebers
Treasurer, Emily Kirchhoff
Please like the “Brodstone Healthcare” and “Edgar Medical Clinic” Facebook pages for updates, along with the new page “Nifty Thrifty by Brodstone”.